Tuesday, September 14, 2010

kat's "treasure" BEFORE

A few weeks ago while "treasure hunting" for moxii I ran across this dresser.  I didn't see it at first, but noticed it all covered up with junk while I was leaving the store.  Keep in mind, I had both boys this afternoon, and was trying to make the best use of time (HURRY).  But I just had to stop and see the price...and thats what got me.  $23.50 was on the tag.  I thought...that has to be wrong!  So I ask the sales assistant, and that was correct.  Oh wow...my wheels started turning...what could I do with this...and the storage...the carving...the size and scale...this is GREAT!  So I bought it, kindly asked Clark to go pick it up for me, and started clearing the path at home for it.  So after much pain and heavy lifting , the 72" long, all wood piece finally made it to the living room.  I have moved it around several times, but think it has found its home.  






Now the decision is what to do with it!  I am still brainstorming, but below are a few ideas.  

Please let me know if you have run across any others painted dressers that you think might fit in the Bailey home.  I am hoping to find the perfect inspiration before painting!!

Home decor: pieces with meaning

I found it on Craigslist!
Posted by Picasa



1 comment:

The Hills said...

$23, WOW! That dresser is absolutely beautiful! I like the distressed white painted look.

Ashlee